Click here to submit an event request form.
- This event has passed.
Blue Spring Jaywalk
June 17 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Ranger-led hiking tour will trek through 0.25 miles of scrub to look for our iconic Florida scrub-jay.
Learn about Florida scrub-jay habitat, behavior, importance to the scrub, and threats. You’ll also learn what you can do to help the only bird species to live exclusively in Florida.
- Bring water, sunscreen, bug spray and closed-toe shoes. Most of the hike is on soft sand.
- Binoculars are highly recommended.
- Let the ranger station know you are here for the walk. You will be directed to turn down the dirt road just past the ranger station.
- Please park in a convenient location while not blocking any work vehicles.
- Arrive early to account for traffic and to gain park entry before any potential closures.
- Event is free with paid park entry:
- $6 per vehicle (two to eight people).
- $4 single-occupant vehicle or motorcycle.
- $2 pedestrian or bicyclist.